Please fully complete the below forms.
Signatures or initials from each adult in the household are required in the sections with yellow highlights. Return completed forms to the Housing Help office in our blue drop box on the porch - be sure to drop it into the locked portion of the box -
or you can email your application to :
** Please be aware any electronic signatures will not be accepted **
** If the documentation is not all turned in with the application, the application will not be accepted **
- necessary documentation is listed below -
H 2 Lenawee provides emergency shelter (ES) programs for homeless families with minor children in the household. In addition to emergency shelter, H 2 Lenawee provides daily case management, life skills training, and support services, such as laundry facilities, transportation assistance and much more. The ES program is provided at no cost to the family. The goal of the ES program is to assist homeless families in overcoming barriers on a successful journey to permanent housing. Short-term motel sheltering may be provided for persons that cannot be served by current Lenawee County shelter programs.
Housing First Program H 2 Lenawee partners with our Lenawee County community with proactive measures to prevent homelessness from occurring and to aid those who are faced with homelessness. H2Lenawee may assist with first month's rent, past due rent and mortgage foreclosure. An in-depth assessment is made regarding a client’s financial and housing situation. Case management, client outreach, landlord mediation, budgeting, housing search and referrals along with other support services are provided in this program. The goal of this program is to prevent or reduce the amount of time a household is homeless.
H 2 Lenawee has units of transitional housing (TH) for families who have minor children in the household. The TH program provides affordable housing for up to two (2) years as well as support services, life skills training, and weekly case management. The goal of the TH program is to stabilize each family and assist them with overcoming barriers to permanent housing and therefore encouraging lifelong self sufficiency.
Permanent Supportive Housing Program (For chronically homeless individuals.) The Permanent Housing (PH) program is is for individuals who have an extensive history of homelessness and who have significant barriers to housing, such as a long term disability. The PH program offers ongoing case management, support services and in some situations a rental subsidy. The goal of the PH program is to help stabilize individuals in permanent housing and increasing their self-sufficiency.
* Housing Help of Lenawee provides property management services for Legacy Housing Apartments, Lenawee County's only permanent supportive housing program/apartments for the chronically homeless.
The Veterans Dire Need Fund is for Lenawee County Veterans who are in need of financial assistance but don’t meet eligibility for traditional funding or need additional funding to fill a gap not covered by other resources.
Veterans Dire Need Fund monies may be utilized for things such as, but not limited to: security deposit and first month’s rent and other housing needs, utilities, prescriptions, medical or dental emergencies, obtaining identification and their DD214, vehicle repairs, other transportation assistance and more. The fund is limited to Veterans residing in Lenawee County, Michigan.
A Veterans Closet stocked with items that state benefits do not purchase may be available as well.
* The Lenawee County Pet Project began in 2011 and assists homeless families and their pets to stay together during crisis. It is a safety net program that provides and locates resources to help keep the pet in the home. Pets are Family! Assistance may include pet food and supplies, veterinarian care, temporary boarding and pet deposits to gain access to permanent housing.
* A small food pantry provides nutritional food and supplies to our emergency shelter families. The food pantry is also available for walk-in clients in need.
* Bed bug detection devices are available at the Housing Help office. If Bed bugs are found to be present, referrals to eradication services may be available.